Recent Calls
Tue. Mar 28th 2017
Brush Fire 03-27-2017

At approximately 0445 hours, Station 20 was dispatched to a possible brush fire in the 32500 block of Airport Dr. Brush 20, T...

Read more »
Wed. Sep 21st 2016
MVA- Possible Entrapment 9/21/16

At approximately 0445 hours, station 20 was dispatched to a single vehicle accident with possible entrapment near the interse...

Read more »
Mon. Sep 5th 2016
MVA with Injuries

At approximately 1345 hours, Station 20 was dispatched to a motor vehicle accident at the intersection of Joyner's Bridge...

Read more »
News Headlines
Mon. Dec 22nd 2014
2014 Urbana Firemans Parade

On November 7th, 2014 Carrsville Members Hunter Alexander, Tyler Butler, Lynn Duke, Frankie Hasty Attended the Urbana Oy...

Read more »
Thu. Jan 10th 2013
Smokehouse Training

On Thursday Jan. 10, 2013 seventeen (17) members met at Station 20 @ 6PM for a pizza dinner and then headed to the airport tr...

Read more »
Fri. Oct 12th 2012
Fire Prevention Week Activities

On Friday Oct 12th several members presented Fire Prevention Week activities at Carrsville Elementary School. After...

Read more »
Consumer Product Safety Commission Recalls
Light refraction through the globes can singe or melt items in contact with or in the immediate proximity, posing a fire hazard.
The front legs on the highchair can detach from the seat, posing fall and injury hazards to children.
The lithium-ion batteries can overheat, posing fire and burn hazards
The blade spindle shaft can break during lawn mowing and the broken blade pieces can become projectiles. This poses a risk of an impact injury to bystanders or damage to property.
The zippers on the bean bag chair covers can be opened by children who can then crawl inside, become entrapped, suffocate or choke on the bean bag chair's foam beads.
The recalled propane may not contain sufficient levels of odorant to help alert consumers to a gas leak. Failure to detect leaking gas can present fire, explosion and thermal burn hazards.  
The headboard can disconnect from the bed frame and fall onto the bed, posing an entrapment hazard to children.
The stitching on the cloth cover can loosen, posing fall and injury hazards.
The brake cable housing was not secured properly during manufacturing, which can cause brake failure, posing a crash hazard to the rider.
The foam seat cushion and base can crack in the middle and cause the bench to collapse, posing a fall hazard.
The work boots were advertised as puncture-resistant, but were not manufactured with the puncture-resistant plate, posing an injury hazard to users.
The bicycle’s bottaom bracket can break during use, posing a fall hazard.
The children’s pajama sets fail to meet flammability standards for children’s sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.
The carburetor can leak gasoline, posing fire and burn hazards.
The steering shaft can separate from the steering rack assembly and result in a loss of vehicle steering control, posing a crash hazard.
The AC power adapter can overheat, posing a fire hazard.
The return fuel line can be improperly secured which can cause fuel to leak, posing a fire hazard.
The top removable step (hat) on the recalled children’s toilet step stools can detach while a child is standing on it, posing injury and fall hazards.
The mattresses fail to meet the mandatory federal flammability standard for mattresses, posing a fire hazard.
The brackets connected to the fan blades can break, causing the blades to fall, posing an injury hazard.
The recalled fireworks are overloaded with pyrotechnics intended to produce an audible effect, violating the federal regulatory standard for this product. Overloaded fireworks can result in a greater than expected explosion, posing burn and explosion hazards to consumers. The product is labeled as a fountain but functions similar to an M-80 or other large firecracker, which are illegal.
The sweatshirts fail to meet federal flammability standards for clothing textiles, posing a burn risk to users.
The owner’s manual instructs consumers to install the light globe incorrectly and the light globe can fall, posing an impact injury hazard.
The wooden stem on the top of the decorative pumpkin can detach when picked up, causing the glass pumpkin base to fall and break, posing a laceration hazard.
The rollover protective structure (ROPS) at the back of the tractor can loosen and fail to protect the operator in a rollover accident, posing a risk of injury. 
The mattresses fail to meet the mandatory federal flammability standard for mattresses, posing a fire hazard.
If the nock is not fully engaged with the bowstring, the crossbow can fail to discharge when the trigger is pulled and can result in the bow discharging while re-nocking of the arrow, posing an injury hazard to users.
The children’s pajamas fail to meet the federal flammability standards for children’s sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.
The portable generators can overheat, posing a fire hazard to consumers.
The on-off switch can lock in the “on” position, posing a laceration hazard to consumers.
Water can leak into the weatherproof connector on the power adapter and cause a short circuit, melting, and overheating, posing a fire hazard.
The electrical wire that runs through the lamps can be cut or fray by the lamp’s adjustable joint, posing a risk of electric shock to consumers.
The pin that secures the brake pads can loosen, posing a crash or impact hazard.
The seat belt stays can break, posing an injury hazard to consumers in the event of a crash.
The packaging is not child resistant as required by the Poison Prevention Packaging Act. The pain relieving cream contains lidocaine, posing a risk of poisoning to young children.
The glass diffuser can detach and fall, posing an impact injury hazard.
The glasses can break during normal use, posing a laceration hazard.
Mold can be present in the clay, posing a risk of respiratory or other infections in individuals with compromised immune systems, damaged lungs or an allergy to mold.
The weld connecting the top and bottom posts can fail and allow the top post to fall, posing an impact hazard to nearby consumers.
The recalled decking can deteriorate and crack, causing the deck surfacing to break. Consumers can fall through broken decking and suffer serious injuries.
Commisioner's Corner

Greetings from the membership at Carrsville VFD!   Sorry it has taken so long to update my column.    Every time I think I can sit down and write an update, something always seems to come up!    We are very excited to announce that our new Tanker should be in the station within the next 5 to 7 days!   If you are in the area, please stop by and take a look!    We are proud to add this 2016 Pierce/Kenworth tanker to our fleet.   With this truck, we upped our water supplied by the tanker from 1800 gallons to 3000 gallons.   This tanker will be fully funded by donations from the community.    As you may know, we have been budgeting for a replacement tanker in the County budget for the last 4 years.   As the years passed, the tanker kept getting bumped out due to financial hardships the County faced.   We were faced with spending thousands of dollars on upgrades, rebuilding and maintenance or order a new truck.  We decided that if we spent a lot of money on the old truck, we would still have a 25-year-old truck.   We opted to put the money into a new truck.   Over the coming years, we will be making annual payments to retire the debt.    We hope when members ask for support for dinners, bbq’s and other fund raisers you will help out.   This is all done for our community!    Because of our efforts, we were able to lower the ISO rating for our community.   This means you will be spending less on homeowner’s insurance.    By working together, we all benefit!    We look forward to continue serving you for many years to come!

Officer's Corner

Here are some grilling tips that you should keep in mind:


     

SAFETY TIPS

  • Propane and charcoal BBQ grills should only be

            used outdoors.

  • The grill should be placed well away from the

            home, deck railings and out from under eaves and

            overhanging branches.

  • Keep children and pets at least three feet away

            from the grill area.

  • Keep your grill clean by removing grease or fat

            buildup from the grills and in trays below the grill.

  • Never leave your grill unattended.
  • Always make sure your gas grill lid is open before

             lighting it.

 

     

    Upcoming Events
    Every 3rd Thursday
    6:30pm
    Every 3rd Thursday
    7:30pm
    Picture Gallery
    Website Search
    Apparatus Gallery
    2018 Call Volume
     FireEMS
    Jan  
    Feb  
    Mar  
    Apr  
    May  
    Jun  
    Jul  
    Aug  
    Sep  
    Oct  
    Nov  
    Dec  
    Total00

    Call Volume History

    Visitor Polls
    Who would like to see us bring back the Shrimp Feast next summer???
    Contact Information
    Carrsville Volunteer Fire Department
    P.O. Box 27
    Carrsville, VA 23315
    Non-Emergency: 757-569-9723
    Emergency: 911